Administrators in Concordia's MBA Program within the Batterman School of Business have announced the speakers for its semiannual Industry Leaders Seminar Series on campus, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive, Mequon.
Seven presentations will be held over a 12-week period beginning this Thursday in Room 008 of the Pharmacy School at 6 p.m., followed by a brief Q&A session. A networking opportunity with light refreshments will precede each lecture from 5:15-6 p.m. The speakers for this sixth series and their topics are:
- Liz Gilbert, President, Milwaukee 2020 Democratic National Convention Host Committee, Thursday, January 30, “The DNC in MKE: Milwaukee’s Moment Has Arrived.”
- Amanda Baltz, CEO, Spaulding Medical, Wednesday, February 19, “Women in the Arena.”
- Steve Talbert, Store Director, Meijer, Tuesday, February 25, “A Retail Journey and Lessons Learned.”
- Judith Mouton, Program Director-Education, Johnson Controls, Monday, March 2, “Corporate and Social Responsibility.”
- Dirk Debbink, Chairman and CEO, MSI General Corporation, Thursday, March 26, “This I Know for Sure!”
- Angie Rieger, Senior VP Planning/Head of International, Land’s End, Wednesday, April 15, “From Sailing Equipment to Cashmere.”
- Craig Karmazin, Founder and CEO, Good Karma Brands, Tuesday, April 21, “Why Sports are Winning in the Digital World.”
“This series provides students with a connection to high-performing individuals,” said MBA Director Dr. Brian Curry. “There are certainly immediate impacts in students’ lives such as potential internships and guidance in the beginning of their careers, although the real power often will not manifest itself for years to come,” he continued.
“The high caliber individuals that grace Concordia’s Industry Leaders Seminar Series are precisely some of those past pieces of advice you want to hear in your head before making an important decision,” noted Curry. “That is the real power of our series.”
While all seminars are free, advance registration is requested. Event registration can be found at cuw.edu/industry-leaders-seminar, or individuals can e-mail Assistant MBA Director Colleen Ripperger at email@example.com.
The business school is one of six at the 140-year-old university, and its MBA Program is the preferred MBA Program of the Green Bay Packers.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.