Five of Concordia University’s top leaders will discuss emerging topics in education, entrepreneurship and innovation at a free learning event entitled “Lead NOW.” The event will take place on Friday, April 8 at 6 p.m. on the Concordia University campus.
Each of the dynamic speakers are members of Concordia University’s leadership team, and are also recognized scholars, authors, speakers and thought leaders in their specific areas of expertise. The highlight of the evening will be a presentation by Rev. Patrick T. Ferry, Ph.D., president of Concordia University.
The presentations will be TED-style talks that are 18 minutes in length and will include personal stories and relevant information that leaders in all vocations can infuse into their own professional lives.
Introducing the topics and speakers for “Lead NOW” at Concordia University:
- “The Entrepreneurial Leader” – Dr. Dan Sem, University Dean (School of Business Administration), Concordia University
- “Speak Up! The Art & Style of Emerging Leadership” – Gretchen Jameson, Sr. Vice President for Strategy and University Affairs, Concordia University
- “Leaders Need Followers” – Dr. Michael Uden, University Dean (School of Education), Concordia University
- “Leading Out of the Box” – Dr. Bernard Bull, Assistant Vice President of Academics for Continuing and Distance Education, Concordia University
- “Leadership that Goes the Distance” Rev. Patrick T. Ferry, Ph.D., President, Concordia University
“Lead NOW” is the capstone event of the National Administrators Conference hosted by the Lutheran Education Association (LEA). The conference will welcome education administrators and counselors from across the country to address emerging issues in education. Guests do not have to be registered for the conference to attend “Lead NOW.”
The event is free and open to the public. For more information about the LEA or the National Administrators Conference please visit http://www.lea.org/Events/2016. To make reservations for “Lead NOW,” please call 262.243.4474. The event will take place in the Todd Wehr Auditorium at Concordia University (12800 N. Lake Shore Drive, Mequon).
— This story is written by Kali Thiel, director of university communications for Concordia University Wisconsin and Ann Arbor. She may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-243-2149.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.