Concordia's undergraduate application for the 2021-22 academic year officially opens today—a full month earlier than in previous years.
So high school seniors, now is your chance to apply. And if you don’t know much about Concordia, now is also your chance to check us out.
This is us—in a nutshell
We’re well known for our sprawling 200-acre campus on the shore of Lake Michigan in suburban Mequon, just 15 minutes north of Milwaukee. But we’re much more than just a pretty campus. Concordia has a mission that inspires its students to stand apart from the crowd and “Live Uncommon” lives of purpose. Since each undergraduate brings unique talents to campus, attention is focused on helping you find your voice in today’s world.
We’ll help you develop a mission mentality using a distinctive curriculum where faith and knowledge intertwine.
Our president, Rev. Patrick T. Ferry, PhD, put it well when he said: “Concordia University Wisconsin is so much more than just earning a degree. It is about being part of a bigger community that shares uncommon purpose and values.”
A few bragging points
- We’re consistently ranked among the safest college campuses in the nation.
- We have the largest MBA program in the state of Wisconsin.
- We were among the first (possibly the first) colleges in the nation to employ a comfort dog. Our furry worker, Zoey—and now Sage—is a beloved friend and comfort to countless students on campus.
- We are one of three places in Wisconsin to earn your pharmacy degree—and the only
- pharmacy school that gives you summers off!
- We’re the only school in the state to offer a licensed animal-assisted therapy certificate, an excellent add-on to a physical therapy or occupational therapy degree!
- We have a brand-new building on campus that houses our Batterman School of Business and Speech-Language Pathology programs. The Robert W. Plaster Free Enterprise Center has all the works, including a forensics lab, a professional-grade culinary kitchen, and the most 3D printers of any nonprofit in the state.
- ~2,600 undergraduate enrollment
- ~8,000 total enrollment
- 84 undergraduate degree programs offered
- 6 academic schools (School of Arts and Sciences, Batterman School of Business, School of Education, School of Nursing, School of Health Professions, School of Pharmacy)
- 99% of incoming freshmen receive financial aid
- 32 varsity-level athletics (Northern Athletics Conference/NCAA Division III)
- 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 16 Average class size
- 2.5 cumulative GPA, 18 ACT (or equivalent SAT) required for admission
We recognize that each student comes in with unique needs and desires. We’ve learned to offer a variety of options to fit any given need.
- For the student who wants flexibility
- For the student who didn’t think college was within reach
- For the student looking for a community
- For the student who is unsure of what comes next
If you or someone you know wants to learn more about our uncommon college experience and how you can become a part of it, please start here.
— This story is written by Kali Thiel, director of university communications for Concordia University Wisconsin and Ann Arbor. She may be reached at email@example.com or 262-243-2149.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.