Looking to set up an appointment or find resources for learning online? Want COVID-19 updates? Looking for support from the ARC? Keep reading because you'll find information about all of that here!
The Academic Resource Center continues to offer access to all of our academic support services through Zoom or other alternative methods. As you prepare for final exams, or start planning for future semesters, remember that the ARC staff are available to support you!
Academic Support Services
All ARC services remain available for students to access during this time – this includes tutoring, supplemental instruction, peer academic coaches (PACs), math drop-in desk, and our Writing Center. These services are available through Zoom appointments, as well as phone or email consultations.
The ARC writing consultants are available for virtual appointments or to review your paper through the Online Writing Lab (OWL). An online writing consultation request form is available here. Be sure to allow at least 48 hours for review of your paper before your assignment deadline.
Appointments should be requested through TutorTrac or emailing an ARC staff member. Find an ARC staff member with whom you can connect.
If you experience scheduling issues, or have any questions about our academic support services, please contact an ARC staff member as soon as possible.
Students registered with Accessibility Services continue to have access to their accommodations. If you have questions about alternative testing, accessible formats of materials, have any other accommodation-related concerns, or wish to talk about accommodations for future semesters, please contact Jan Chapman.
Looking for University COVID-19 Updates?
- Visit the COVID updates website for the latest updates and information from our administration
Want to better manage your time while learning online?
- Watch this short video with tips for time management
- Review the tips for time management shared in this short infographic
Concerned about learning remotely?
- Review the tips and best practices for online learning shared in this short infographic
- Check out a list of assistive technology resources available to all students here
Worried about using Zoom in your class or to meet with tutors?
- Check out the CUWAA Start Learning website for student-specific Zoom resources
Feeling overwhelmed with all of the uncertainty? Want support with learning online/remotely?
- Review tips about protecting your mental health here
- Review ideas for how to shift your mindset from negative to positive thinking through this brief infographic
- Contact any one of us in the ARC and we will connect you with tutors, peer academic coaches, our Counseling Center, or other campus resources
ARC staff remain available during this time to provide support and assistance. In addition to phone and email, staff are available for Zoom appointments at your request.
Jan Chapman – Director of the ARC & Accessibility Services
Email: Janis.Chapman@cuw.edu | Phone: 262-243-4299 | Fax: 262-243-2999
Kathleen Hoppa-Grady – Academic Support Specialist – Testing Coordinator, Assistive Technology
Email: Kathleen.Grady@cuw.edu | Phone: 262-243-4535
Eric Adams – Writing Center Facilitator
Email: Eric.Adams@cuw.edu | Phone: 262-243-2198
—This article is by Jan Chapman, director of the ARC and Accessibility Services.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.