Nurses are highly sought after; according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they are expecting nursing positions to grow 9% by 2030. With nursing being a popular field, second-degree programs can provide a faster path to becoming a nurse.
As we grow up, our interests and goals may change. Not all of us know what we want to do our entire lives, or sometimes we want to just try something new. Concordia University Wisconsin’s Accelerated Second Degree BSN (ABSN) for non-nurses offers a chance to transition your career into nursing quickly.
Our ABSN program is built on Christian foundations. We want our graduates to become nurses who care for patients in mind, body, and spirit. As students have already completed a bachelor’s, you will be immediately engaging in core nursing courses, simulations, and clinical. We want you to have as much hands-on practice before you graduate from the program.
Check out some highlights of the program.
- Earn your BSN in 14 months
- March start date
- Participate in online and face-to-face courses on our Mequon campus
- Clinical experiences at highly recognized hospitals in the Greater Milwaukee area
Already an RN? If you have your RN and looking to continue your education, learn more about our fully online RN to BSN completion program.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university
- Overall GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Have gotten a B or higher in the following courses: Anatomy and Physiology I & II; Chemistry; Microbiology
- Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) course completion
- CPR BLS Certification from American Heart Association
- Students are required to live within driving distance of our Mequon campus for the program.
Paying for a second degree
A key concern for students is paying for their education, especially for a second degree. Students can pay for the program with student loans, outside scholarships, and private loans. If you’re stuck, we are here to help. Feel free to request an appointment with our Financial Aid Office to discuss payment options.
You can learn more about the student experience in our ABSN program on our blog. Check out the posts below to read about how this program helped students reach their goals.
No matter what brought you to the nursing field, we want to help you on your journey to becoming a nurse.
Want to learn more?
If you’d like more information about Concordia’s Accelerated Second Degree BSN program, visit us below.