Wherever you go to college, each place will have a different set of requirements for PT school. Here at Concordia University Wisconsin, we want to make it easy for you to find and understand what steps you need to take to apply. Below we have laid out our admissions requirements for PT school and how to apply.
Doctor of Physical Therapy admission requirements
To apply for our DPT program you must have the following:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in all required sciences with no final individual science prerequisite course grade less than a C
- Ability to perform Essential Functions of a physical therapist
- Completion of the following courses:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II. Must include labs.
- Chemistry I & II. Must include labs.
- Physics I & II. Must include labs. Courses do not need to be Calculus-based.
- Statistics Course: one semester of the following courses meet statistics requirement: Biostatistics; Business: Statistics, Mathematics: Statistics; Psychology: Statistics; Education: Statistics
Admission policy for partner schools
Current students and alumni of St. Norbert College (SNC) and Viterbo University (VU) will be given priority admission to the DPT program if they meet the following requirements:
- A verified PTCAS application by the deadline
- Earned a 3.30 in the science prerequisite courses
- Have a 3.0 overall GPA
- All science courses will need to be from SNC or VU
For additional requirements for SNC and VU graduates, please check with your pre-physical therapy advisor.
Accelerated DPT admission for CUW students
Students that start at CUW as a freshman will have the opportunity to complete the DPT in six years rather than seven. These students will receive a Bachelor’s in Rehabilitation Science on the way to their doctorate. If you’re interested in this path, feel free to check out the requirements here.
Applying for the DPT
To apply for our Doctor of Physical Therapy program, you will go through an online service called Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS). Visit PTCAS to learn more about the application process, prerequisites, CUW’s admission requirements, and admission deadlines.
Need more information?
If you need more information about becoming a Doctor of Physical Therapy, or about our program, visit our page below.