In my time at CUW, I have been involved in many different volunteer opportunities. That is one reason I absolutely love it here! I honestly do not think I would be as strong in my faith or equipped for service in my vocation if I had not studied here.
Concordia truly strives to embody their mission and empower others to serve Christ in the Church and in the world.
- involved in volunteer club helping run local events
- wrote Bible study material for LIGHT
- helped with an Occupational Therapy (OT) department car wash
- assisted at a food pantry called Despensa De la Paz in Milwaukee
- volunteered on CMLT as a co-coordinator of LIGHT
- assisted OT department in planting a sensory garden for Vision Forward in Milwaukee
- went on a mission trip to the Appalachian Mountains in Kentucky to renovate a crumbling house
- continued volunteering at Despensa de la Paz
- The Student OT Association (SOTA) hosted a “Sock-aid” making event where we made sock aids out of duct tape and recycled yogurt containers for OT at St. Joseph Hospital in Milwaukee
- coordinated highway clean-up for our OT association
- participated in nursing home ministry events
- assisted with campus-wide events such as Stomp the Courtyard and Winter Recharge
- went on a medical mission trip to Malawi to see children with cerebral palsy and collaborate with the local physiotherapists to develop treatment plans for the children
I am grateful to our donors for making these opportunities possible for me and many other students. Their support has not only given me an education, it has shaped my life in service to Christ. Service is one of my core values because it reminds me that love is not just a feeling, but an action and a commitment. Christ was the perfect example of love in everything that He said and did for us. In all that I do, I want to serve and honor God because He has loved and blessed us immeasurably. When I am serving others, (even if it is just doing the dishes or being a listening ear), I feel like I am fulfilling the purpose that God has placed on my life.
Thank you for your support and prayers. May God bless you as you continue to serve and glorify Him in all that you do.
[Rebekah was part of the CUW team that recently placed in a statewide healthcare competition. To read more, click here: https://blog.cuw.edu/cuw-healthcare-students-place-in-statewide-competition/?_ga=2.242429889.2141146184.1583784416-52493875.1571748450 ]
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.