The National Lutheran School Association (NLSA) 2012-2013 Best Practices webinar series is intended to recognize exemplary schools for their use of technology and innovation in the classroom.
Webinars will be held at 4PM on the listed days in the NLSA Schedule and will last for one hour. There is no need to register, and there is no password required in order to attend. Simply log on to http://corsica.cuw.edu/exemplaryschoolwebinar/ to access these webinars.
NLSA SCHEDULE – 2012-2013
Hales Corners Lutheran School – Hales Corners, WI
- September 11 – Teaching the Love of Science using Science Labs by Kathy Kremer
- September 18 – Movement, Vision and Learning by Karen Herz
- September 25 – Relationships and Learners Club by Crissy Peterson and Ellyn Heicher
Faith Lutheran Junior and Senior High School – Las Vegas, NV
- October 9 – Student Led Chapels: Engaging Worship and Developing Student Leadership by Joanne Kraft, Katie Wiltse, and Carrie Heimlich
- October 16 – Get your technology program off the ground, best practices of exemplary schools by Jon Orr
- October 23 – Including Students with Intellectual Disabilities – The Mark 10:14 Program by Lee Segalla
Bethany Lutheran School – Parma, OH
- November 6 – Reaching Out and Reaching Up
- This topic explores our Student Council, Kindergarten Partners (Kgn. & 8th grade) and EXCEL: A program for gifted students.
- November 13 – Learning Labs for Mind and Body
Loving Shepherd Early Learning Center – Golden Valley, MN
- January 8 – Church staff involvement and Relationships
Lutheran South Academy, Houston, TX
- February 5 – HS Junior/Senior Bible Study – Mark Baacke/Mike Rathje
- February 12 – Middle School Family Groups – Jeremy Brumm/ Sheila Psencik
King of Glory Early Childhood – Williamsburg, VA
- March 5 – Church and School; One Mission, One Ministry by Bill Harmon and Ruth McReynolds
- March 12 – All are Precious; Celebrating and Documenting each child by Michelle Swain-Clauberg and Ruth McReynolds
St Luke’s – Oviedo, FL
- April 2 – Talents on Parade: A Fine Arts Showcase by Scott Baumer, Jennifer Follett, Ruth Wiedenmann
- April 9 – Growing Up, Growing Old, Growing Together: The Intergenerational Experience by Lenore Berlinski, Kate Matson
- April 16 – Preschool Outreach – Reaching for Sundays and Beyond… by Colleen Grillo, Rev. Brian Roberts
- April 23 – Invite an Author, Create a Reader,–Building Your Own Literacy Festival by Anita Glanzer, John Glanzer
— This story is written by Kali Thiel, director of university communications for Concordia University Wisconsin and Ann Arbor. She may be reached at email@example.com or 262-243-2149.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.