Concordia University Wisconsin has a bold vision to be the Church’s school, equipping the faithful to make an impact for Christ in ways they never imagined.
To that end, Concordia is proud to offer scholarships that are uniquely designed to support the future leaders of the Church—individuals who will live out their vocations in both called and non-church work settings. Concordia currently offers three scholarships for Lutheran and Christian learners of all ages.
Christian Community Scholarship (for adult and post-traditional learners)
One of four scholarship programs launched earlier this fall, Concordia’s Christian Community Scholarship supports employees of all Lutheran schools and other qualifying Christian schools. The scholarship awards $200 per three-credit course for adult accelerated undergraduate programs or $500 for participating graduate programs.
Luther Promise (for undergraduate and transfer students)
The Luther Promise provides qualifying undergraduate students $3,000 in addition to their other CUW aid.
To qualify for the Luther Promise, a student must meet just one of the following criteria. He or she must be:
- A member of a Lutheran congregation (any denomination)
- A dependent of a Concordia University System school alumnus
- A dependent of a rostered Lutheran church worker
- A graduate of a Lutheran high school
Learn more cuw.edu/luther-promise.
Lutheran Educator Scholarship (for undergraduates pursuing a Lutheran Teacher Degree)
Open to all Lutheran high school graduates, Concordia’s Lutheran Educator Scholarship awards full tuition, minus room and board, for up to three qualifying undergraduates each year. The scholarship is renewable for four years if the student meets the following requirements.
- Remain designated as a Lutheran Teacher Degree candidate
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Remain actively employed in Lutheran (all denominations) city schools for at least five years after graduation or be required to repay a portion of their tuition. Lutheran Educator graduates are not required to accept calls in any particular location.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.