Family Weekend is already one of the biggest annual events on the CUW campus—and now it features bonus Homecoming events, all rolled into one!
We’re not saying this is going to be the biggest event in the history of the CUW campus. But if YOU want to say that, we won’t argue!
It’s Family Weekend. It’s Homecoming. It’s a special 2020 Commencement. It’s a building naming dedication. And more! If that’s not an “extravaganza” of over-the-top fun and excitement, then we just don’t know the meaning of the word.
Please note: All events are open to everyone unless otherwise noted. Also, even if you’re planning to attend only part of Family Weekend, we’d appreciate it if you still register, as it helps us plan. Thank you!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, October 15
Dr. Ferry: Chapel guest preacher, building renaming
- 9:30 a.m. • Chapel of Christ Triumphant
- Join us to welcome Dr. Ferry as he returns to lead us in worship and share the gospel as our guest preacher. We will honor Dr. Ferry with the Naming Recognition Ceremony for Patrick T. Ferry Hall, formerly the CUW Pharmacy Building. Refreshments will be served in the hallway following Chapel.
- 5 p.m. • Siebert Dining Hall
- Join Sodexo for a very special homecooked meal featuring a recipe from one of our very own CUW students. Adult: $9.50 | Child: $6.00
Bonfire and Fireworks
- 8 – 9:30 p.m. • Bluff Amphitheater
- Enjoy a s’more and watch celebratory fireworks up-close on the CUW bluff! (Weather-dependent activity)
Saturday, October 16
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. • Albrecht Lounge
- Come on by the Albrecht Lounge to check in, receive your free CUW giveaways, and get more information on the schedule of events!
Women’s Field Hockey Game
- 10 a.m. • Tomasini Stadium
- Come on out and support CUW Women’s Field Hockey at Tomasini Stadium. Free entrance tickets will be provided for CUW families at the Family Check-In.
Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- 10 a.m. • Catalyst Sports Training Center
- William C. Ackerman Memorial Athletic Hall of Fame award recipients will be inducted during this morning ceremony. Reservations are required. Call 262-243-2008.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. • Siebert Dining Hall
- Join us for a delicious meal served by our Sodexo staff! Be sure to also check out local restaurants listed in the FAQ section for special CUW discounts. Adult: $8.45 | Child: $6.00
Parking Lot Tailgate
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. • Parking Lot L
- Hang out before the Homecoming football game with a nacho bar, a petting zoo, speed sketchers, bubble soccer, a balloon artist, and more! (Rain Location: Albrecht Lounge)
Sand Volleyball and Lawn Games
- 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. • Regents Courtyard
- Have some family-fun competition with the open sand volleyball courts, lawn games, and, of course, be sure to snag a picture in our photo booth! (Weather-dependent activity)
Men’s Football Game
- 1 p.m. • Tomasini Stadium
- Homecoming weekend means it’s football season! Show your Falcon Pride and cheer on our football team as they face St. Norbert. It’s also a great opportunity to hear CUW’s awesome Pep Band! Free entrance tickets will be provided for CUW families at the Family Check-In.
Movie: ‘Monsters University’
- 1 – 3 p.m. • Albrecht Lounge
- Sit back, relax, enjoy some FREE popcorn, and hang out in Albrecht Lounge for our first showing of the family-friendly movie, “Monsters University.” (Rain Location: Terrace Room)
Women’s Volleyball Game
- 2 p.m. • R. John Buuck Fieldhouse
- Go Falcons! Be sure to stop on over to the women’s volleyball game as they go against Marian University. Free admission tickets will be provided for CUW families at the Family Check-In.
Ice Cream Social
- 3 – 4 p.m. • Regents Courtyard
- Join Campus Ministry Leadership Team (CMLT) and Student Government Association (SGA) for delicious ice cream and fellowship. (Rain Location: Albrecht Lounge)
Hall of Fame and Athletic Social
- 4 – 6 p.m. • Highland House Restaurant
- Athletic Hall of Fame members and athletic alumni are invited to gather at the Highland House for an evening of celebrating the legacy of CUW athletics. Come meet your old teammates to reconnect and reminisce. Refreshments will be served.
- 4 – 7 p.m. • Catalyst Sports Training Center
- Come hang out and celebrate Concordia. Alumni, families and students are invited to gather for refreshments and fellowship after the football game and after the commencement ceremony. We welcome all 2020 graduates along with their families and friends who join us on their big day. Food and beverages provided. (Non-alcoholic and alcoholic options will be available.)
Commencement (Class of 2020)
- 5 p.m. • Chapel of Christ Triumphant
- A unique commencement ceremony honoring the graduating classes of May and December of 2020. Staging begins at 4:00 p.m. in the International Center and will extend into the Chapel hallway prior to the ceremony. (Note: This is a ticketed event.)
- 5 – 7 p.m. • Siebert Dining Hall (or on your own)
- Enjoy dinner in the Siebert Dining Hall or explore your student’s favorite off-campus restaurant. Adult: $9.50 | Child: $6.00
Sibling Sleepover: ‘Monsters University’ & Snack
- 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. • Albrecht Lounge
- Sit back, relax, enjoy special snacks, and hang out in Albrecht Lounge for our second showing of the family-friendly movie.
Sunday, October 17
- 10 – 11 a.m. • Chapel of Christ Triumphant
- Join us for worship on Sunday morning in our beautiful Chapel of Christ Triumphant.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. • Siebert Dining Hall
- Wrap up the weekend with a delicious brunch. Adult: $8.45 | Child $6.00
— This story is written by Mike Zimmerman, corporate communications manager for Concordia University Wisconsin. He may be reached at email@example.com or 262-243-4380.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.