The annual Family Weekend for students and parents October 2-4 is being reimagined with virtual events to prioritize the safety of campus and our undergraduates and have them feel at-home within campus.
“We’ll be offering a variety of on-campus programs for students, as well as virtual and distanced activities that allow for family members to connect with their son or daughter, even from off-campus,” said Coordinator for Student Activities and Orientation Megan Theesfeld. “Although Family Weekend will not happen in person this fall, we hope you will still take this opportunity to spend time together to strengthen your bond as a family and as Falcons,” said Theesfeld.
In-person events featuring livestreams will be updated to include a link in the description, according to Theesfeld.
On-Campus Student Events:
Friday, October 2
- Outdoor movie, Disney’s “Onward,” 7 pm, Chapel Courtyard, sponsored by Campus Activities Board (CAB). Rain location Albrecht Lounge.
Saturday, October 3
- Boxed lunch picnic with Campus Ministry Leadership Team members, noon, Regents Courtyard.
- Pep Band Concert, 12-1 pm, Regents Courtyard. Tune into a performance of your favorites from CUW’s Pep Band during lunch. A livestream will be available on the Music Department Facebook page by clicking here.
- Virtual juggler Ivan Pecel, 7 pm. Livestream viewing in Albrecht Lounge, with remote livestreaming available for this high energy, unforgettable show with one of the best in the business.
Sunday, October 4
- Haven, 4 pm, Chapel Courtyard. Haven is an evening devoted to prayer and praise every Sunday during the academic year and the featured speaker will be President Dr. Patrick T. Ferry. A livestream will be available on the Haven Facebook page by clicking here.
All weekend long, students can stop by the Campus Ministry/Campus Activities Office (Albrecht 108) and write a letter to their friends, family, and/or loved ones. Plenty of supplies will be available and CAB will take care of mailing the letter on your behalf after you drop it in the dropbox.
Virtual Events for Students and Families:
- Virtual Family Meal – Spend some time cooking a meal as a family via Zoom, Facetime, Google Hangout or another video platform to make a recipe from some of our favorite Concordians (recipes coming later).
- Sodexo Care Package – Parents will be able to order personalized care packages for their son or daughter.
- Zelfie Challenge (Zoom selfie) – Families can post their photos and be entered into a drawing for a bookstore gift card.
- Host a Netflix Party – Watch some of your favorite TV shows together no matter where you are by clicking here.
- Play a Zoom game – Take Family Game Night virtual and host it via Zoom. Use this link to get you started.
- Family Weekend Buttons – Fill out a form to receive up to eight buttons, courtesy of CUW’s Office of Advancement.
A complete schedule of Family Weekend On-Campus Student Events and Virtual Events for Students and Families can be found here. It’s important to check the schedule for program updates!
If you have any questions about Family Weekend, please email Megan Theesfeld.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.