For the third year in a row, all graduates of Concordia University Wisconsin's physician assistant studies program achieved a 100-percent first-time pass rate on their rigorous, national certification exam.
Passing the Physician Assistant National Certifying Exam (PANCE) is a requisite for all physician assistants who wish to be licensed in the United States.
“We are thrilled with our graduates’ continued success, especially when you consider how young our program is,” said Pollyanna Kabara, director of the graduate-level program, which saw its first cohort graduate in 2015. “We’re so proud of the extraordinary work that our alumni are performing all over the country. I thank God for our amazing alumni who are living out the CUW mission in truly exceptional ways.”
Related: Concordia physician assistant grads attain 100% PANCE pass rate–again
Not only have 100 percent of graduates from the past three years passed the PANCE on their first attempt, Concordia’s PA alumni have gone on to demonstrate excellence in the field. Within the past year alone:
- Amber Koll (’15) became one of only eight geriatric ER directors in the nation
- Brittney Ohlrogge (’17) earned a prestigious Novartis lecture invite for her expertise in rheumatologic disorders
- Kevin Kornowski (’17) was recognized by Aurora BayCare Cardiology as the Best of BayCare award recipient for the second quarter of 2019
- Thomas Spangenberg (’19) received a Citizen Public Service Award, which is given to civilians whose “actions are examples of heroic deeds and courage to help a seriously injured individual”
Concordia’s PA program also boasts an impressive job placement record with graduates landing spots at well-known medical facilities such as Aurora Health Care, Mayo Clinic, and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
One of the PA program’s unique qualities is educating students with a focus on Christ-inspired care. Highlights of the CUW program include:
- Small classes with personalized instruction
- Multiple inter-professional educational experiences
- Opportunities for service learning and community service
- A brand new, state-of-the-art skills lab
Click here for more details on CUW’s PA program.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.