Last month, I had shared with you that the Concordia Health Plan would cover testing for COVID-19 at 100% regardless of CHP option. The CHP has now been updated to include coverage for treatment of COVID-19 at 100% as well, if that treatment is received from an in-network provider.
To recap, the CHP will cover any medical testing* and treatment of COVID-19 at 100% for all options, including high deductible health plans (HDHP). As we progress through the COVID-19 crisis, CPS evaluate when this 100% coverage will be removed. Right now there is not a firm date for ending the 100% coverage.
- The testing includes 100% coverage at in-network and out-of-network (OON) providers. (Kaiser Permanente members must be tested at a Kaiser network facility.)
- The treatment includes 100% coverage at in-network providers; out-of-network (OON) claims will be processed according to the member’s CHP option design.
- Prescription drugs will be paid in accordance with the plan design in which the member is enrolled; there is no change as a result of COVID-19. Members will still be responsible for their cost share, if applicable.
The testing and treatment also includes 100% coverage of all telehealth services including high deductible options, even for telehealth services not related to a COVID diagnosis.
Also included at 100% coverage is the new texting telehealth product called 98point6.
Please be advised a credit card may (but not always) be requested at telehealth enrollment but a card will not be charged except for Doctor on Demand.
Doctor on Demand is requiring payment up front; then a refund will be provided. This is a system limitation that may not get resolved before the end of this COVID-19 crisis.
The maximum amount the member will pay is $52.80 for HDHP options or $10 for copay options. Again, this will be refunded.
Regarding the EAP through Cigna, there are some enhancements until 9/30/2020 for members as well as members of their households:
- 10 free sessions per issue with a licensed clinician in Cigna’s EAP network (increased from 6 free sessions)
- Meet with counselors virtually on a phone, tablet or home computer
- Unlimited access to webcast recordings to help members deal with COVID-19 anxiety, fears and concerns
*Please note: Antibody tests (serological testing to detect COVID-19 antibodies) are covered; however, tests must be either: (1) authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), (2) under review by the FDA, (3) developed and authorized by a state, or (4) determined appropriate by the Secretary of Health & Human Services. Some of the initial antibody tests that were on the market have been recalled for unreliability. Antibody tests are tests that could indicate those who’ve had the COVID-19 illness at some point but never received official confirmation of infection.
As I learn more, I will share it.
Stay healthy, everyone!
Melodie L. Powers
Concordia Plan Services
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.