Get excited, May graduates! Not only is the end of the semester just a month away, but an in-person commencement celebration awaits you.
Concordia University is pleased to announce the return of face-to-face commencement this year. The May ceremonies will still look different than in previous years, but we’re thrilled to share that graduates will get the chance to physically cross the commencement stage.
Ceremony and ticketing information
Friday, May 7—Graduate Ceremonies
Three separate graduate ceremonies will take place on Friday, May 7 at:
- 9 a.m.
- 12 p.m.
- 6 p.m.
Master’s and doctoral candidates will receive an email on Monday, April 5 with a link that will allow them to register for their ticket, as well as two guest tickets. Graduate students have been assigned a ceremony time slot.
Saturday, May 8—Undergraduate Ceremonies
Three separate undergraduate ceremonies will take place on Saturday, May 8 at:
- 9 a.m.
- 12 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.
Undergraduate candidates will be able to register for a ceremony beginning Tuesday, April 6. Undergraduate students may select their preferred ceremony time of the three available slots. Priority will be determined on a first come, first served basis. To register for a ceremony, students must register for their ticket, as well as two guest tickets.
Commencement program adjustments
The university will practice safety protocols in accordance with state and local guidelines:
- The events have been deliberately scheduled three hours apart to allow for sanitization and air filtration in between ceremonies.
- All graduates within each time slot will have the chance to walk across the commencement stage. Virtual content will be made available at cuw.edu/graduation.
- To allow for social distancing and capacity restrictions, each graduate will be permitted only two guests tickets.
- Masks will be required by all graduates and guests.
- 2020 graduates: We haven’t forgotten about you! As COVID capacity in the Field House changes in the future, we will be sure to let you know when you can return to walk and join us for a commencement ceremony.
Further details will be shared in the upcoming weeks.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.