Concordia employees, your health plan coverage now has FREE COVID-19 testing, treatment, and telehealth coverage.
Through March 31, 2021, the CHP is covering testing and treatment for COVID-19, as well as telehealth services* at 100% – this means no out of pocket costs to you. By not having this burden of cost, we hope that you will be able to get the care you need during this difficult time.
- Testing for COVID-19. Testing is covered 100% through members’ CHP benefits, for both in-network and out-of-network providers, when testing is medically necessary: when members are referred by a medical professional, have been exposed to someone or are having symptoms. Please note that tests as a condition of employment are not covered at 100% by the Plan. Members should contact their employer about free testing services if their job status is dependent on taking a test. If the test is designated as work-related, the member will be subject to normal costs like deductible, copay and coinsurance.
- Treatment of COVID-19. If you’re diagnosed with the coronavirus disease, treatment is covered 100% ONLY for in-network providers. While testing and treatment for COVID-19 continues to evolve, coverage will include the following:
- All FDA-approved testing methods.
- Inpatient and outpatient services.
- Respiratory services.
- Durable medical equipment.
- Skilled care needs.
- FDA-approved drugs when they become available.
- Telehealth services*. So you don’t have to step foot in a doctor’s office, an urgent care or an emergency room and can remain in the security of your home during this time, we’re providing 100% coverage for all telehealth visits. This includes visits for any common illness, such as flu, stress/anxiety, emotional support, skin conditions, allergies, etc. This applies to all telehealth benefits offered through each of the CHP options.
- Employee Assistance Program – provides emotional support benefits for all CHP options.
- 98point6 – text-based telehealth for all CHP options.
- SWORD – virtual physical therapy for all CHP options.
- MDLIVE – for all Cigna plan options
- Doctor on Demand – for all BCBS plan options
- Kaiser Permanente Telehealth – for all Kaiser Permanente options.
- Teladoc – for all UMR plan options.
*Through CPS-approved telehealth vendors. Meetings with your doctors through Zoom or other video chat services are covered with your regular cost-sharing and deductibles.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.