Concordia University Wisconsin's Sport and Hospitality Business Department welcomed a slate of industry professionals to campus this morning. The goal of the event was to allow students and professionals to network and discuss ways to address the worker shortage problem that employers in the food and beverage industry are facing.
In attendance were several big names from the Milwaukee area:
- Wes Shaver, Wes Shaver Business Consulting, representing Carnevor
- Evan Hughes and Pat McQuillan, co-founders of Central Standard Craft Distillery
- Jacob Shully, general manager of Shully’s Cuisine and Events
- Ann Luck, general manager of Milwaukee Country Club
- Darwing Cruz, executive chef of Ozaukee Country Club
- Jennifer Wilke, director of people and culture for The Bartolotta Restaurants
- Peggy Williams-Smith, president and CEO of Visit Milwaukee
- BJ Homayouni, managing partner of Union House Cedarburg
- Angela Jensen, general manager of Sodexo
- Anne Gierach, catering coordinator of Delaware North—Lambeau Field
- Samantha Grady, director of arts and entertainment for Nicole’s Third Ward Social
The Forum was led by Dan Underberg, department chair—department of sport and hospitality business, and Dr. Clarke Griffin, assistant professor—department of sport and hospitality business.
Scroll down to see scenes of the event!
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.