On October 21, 2022, Concordia University Wisconsin’s Occupational Therapy (OT) program celebrated its first cohort of graduates from the newly accredited entry-level occupational therapy doctorate program.
Students returned to campus after completing a 14-week capstone experience in a variety of community and clinical sites. They then came to present their projects during OT’s bi-annual Continuing Education event.
The OTD capstone experience provides students with the opportunity to develop further skills in leadership, advocacy, academia, research, or program/policy development. They also explore ways to expand the reach of OT to a variety of populations and communities.
In addition to the capstone experience/project, OTD students complete additional assignments in their chosen area of interest and earn a badge, indicating the development of a specific skill set. Badge areas are advocacy, education, leadership, research, and administration/program and policy development.
Capstone projects 2022
- Occupational Therapist and Occupational Therapy Assistant Intraprofessional Curriculum by Regina Zehnder, Education Badge
- Curriculum and Faculty On-Boarding Program Development by Emily Furmanek, Education Badge
- Exploring Facilitators and Barriers to Early Mobility in the ICU in Patients Post-Cardiovascular Procedure by Baylee Noe, Research Badge
- Investigating the Effectiveness of Kinesiotaping for Patients with Subacromial Impingement Syndrome: A Clinical Exploration into Upper Extremity Pathologies by Kyra Lenzi, Research Badge
- Effects of Outdoor Recreational Equipment and Recreational Activities on Adolescent Boys’ Mental Health by Caroline Holverson, Research Badge
- Occupational Therapy and Secondary Traumatic Stress by Cherie Gauthier, Advocacy Badge
- The Role of Occupational Therapy in Providing Functional Assessment of Chronic Pain in a Non-Traditional Pain Management Clinic by Brianna Casper, Leadership Badge
- Investigating the Satisfaction and Impact of Occupational Therapy-based Interventions in the Dental Settings by Hannah Schultz, Administration/ Program and Policy Development Badge
Congratulations OTDs — We are so proud of you!
Written by Meghan Watry-Christian, MOT, Ph.D., CUW OT Program Chair, MOT/OTD Program Director