Concordia University Wisconsin’s nationally acclaimed Symphonic Wind Ensemble will perform in New Mexico and Texas the week of January 15 during its annual Winterim Tour, playing eight concerts during a six-day span.
Concerts will be held in Santa Fe, Albuquerque, Las Cruces and El Paso. “It will be a pleasure to bring our musical repertoire to these congregations,” noted director Dr. Louis Menchaca, who recently celebrated his 25th anniversary as music department chair.
Over the past 20 years, the ensemble has drawn invitations to perform from 40 states and has recorded four CDs, playing a vast array of leading classical and sacred composers.
The January 16-21 concert schedule is:
- Tuesday, January 16, Immanuel Lutheran Church, Santa Fe, NM, 7 p.m. concert.
- Wednesday, January 17, Christ Lutheran Church & School, Albuquerque, NM, 2:30 p.m. youth concert; 7 p.m. concert.
- Thursday, January 18, Dona Ana Community College, Las Cruces, NM, 7 p.m. concert.
- Friday, January 19, Ascension Lutheran Church, El Paso, TX, 7 p.m. concert.
- Saturday, January 20, San Pablo Lutheran Church, El Paso, TX, 7 p.m. concert.
- Sunday, January 21, San Pablo Lutheran Church, El Paso, TX, 9 and 11:30 a.m. worship services.
For further details on the auditioned, Symphonic Wind Ensemble or other fine arts opportunities, please visitwww.cuw.edu/finearts.
If this story has inspired you, why not explore how you can help further Concordia's mission through giving.