Weekend Fun

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Coming out of high school, I was never sure what college weekends would look like for me.  I definitely was not a party girl in my past and I had no intentions of going that route when I reached college.  But every portrayal of college weekends seemed to have partying as the main focus.  Thankfully for the mind and body, I have avoided all of the drinking and smoking, and I have found ways to thoroughly enjoy my weekends.

This past weekend, I was able to start by going out bowling with friends.  Following this, I went and hung out at a relative’s house, where I was able to sit around and talk with great friends and family.  The next day, I had to be productive because I work in admissions as a student ambassador, and I needed to interview a number of students.  I found it exhilarating to talk with students who wanted to do exactly what I get to do throughout the week.  As a student ambassador, I give tours and work reception… but mostly, I get the opportunity to speak to students about my absolute love for my school.

After I finished, I met up with about eight others, and I played competitive volleyball in the gym.  Because the volleyball poles are left out in the gym and we bring our own net, we are able to play the game that we love whenever we want to.  After playing for over three hours, we decided it was time to hit the road and drive to my boyfriend’s sister’s house.  There, we were able to eat a home cooked meal and play games all night.

Overall, I find that every weekend is very different for me, and I love seeing what unexpectedly fun events come up!

Share with your network