Want a Ride?

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

I have had so many fantastic experiences with my professors here at CUW. This semester, I am taking a course called Biblical Theology, looking at basically all of the beliefs of the Lutheran church. So far, I absolutely love it, and one of the best things about it is the professor. His name is Timothy Maschke and his class is at 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Having a class at that time of day already tells you quite a bit about his character: he’s a morning person. Not only is he a morning person, but he also makes sure to get the entire class engaged in his discussions, either with talking with people around us, volunteering people to talk, having others read Bible passages, or just having funny examples of what he’s talking about. He’s just one professor that I have had in the morning that just gets your day going in the right direction, having a great attitude and making sure his class knows that what he’s doing is actually what he wants to be doing. And it’s not just in the classroom either. My brother, Jonathan, (who had him as a professor for Biblical Theology freshman year at 7:30) were doing our cardio workout by running, and just as we were heading off campus, Jonathan sees that Professor Maschke just drove by us. Before I could say anything, we see the car come to a stop just a few feet in front of us. As we run by, he drives slowly by and asks us if we want a ride, having a very sly, sarcastic smile on his face. Having that kind of relationships with my professors has made my life so much easier and much more fun in college!

Share with your network