The Statue

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

I’m not sure what it is, but colleges have some weird obsession with statues. Even on really small college campuses there is at least one statue out in the open for people to see. Even at Concordia schools this is the case. Concordia Nebraska has a statue in their Quad that depicts a naked man. I’m told that this is to represent Jesus’ perfection as a man, but to be honest it’s just really awkward. CUW even has a statue. Out by the lake there is the Boat statue as I like to call it. It’s really neat because if you get the right angle it looks like they could be on the water. Recently CUW dedicated another statue, this time one of Martin Luther. I had heard rumors of the school getting one, with people contemplating where it might be placed. Recently we had a joint chapel service to dedicate the new statue, which stands outside of the Luther Administrative Building. Pastor Smith, Dr. Maschke, and President Ferry all said some words about the statue and Martin Luther. It is interesting to point out that the statue actually depicts Luther taller than he actually was. He was 5’4” and the statue depicts him as much taller than that. The service outside to dedicate the statue was quick. And the statue has become famous almost overnight. With the weather being so nice I have seen a lot of people, not just students either, come and take a picture by the statue as if it were the Bean in Chicago. Which is good for business I suppose… So come on over to CUW and take a picture at the Semi-Famous Martin Luther Statue! (Cheesy Announcer Voice)

Share with your network