The Night Before Finals Week: Part III

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

I guess there used to be a tradition here at CUW, like 10 or so years before even I got here, where the faculty used to serve breakfast to students the night before finals week. That’s really cool. Lucky for me and this year’s students they started it again! So after the acapella concert my friends and I decided that we wanted to check out the whole breakfast thing. I kind of expected that it would be really low-key, with professors and faculty sitting us down and things like that. Boy was I wrong. We got in the dining hall and the first thing we received was a free razor. I’m not sure why we got them, but the staff must be trying to get a message across. Anyways, they had three different lines set up for students to get food. And from what I was told by some of the staff was that the last year they did this, 10 years ago remember, they had about 400 students show up. That’s a really good number, especially when you consider some students were probably sweating from their eyes in the library studying. Anyways, there were so many students, around 700 actually, that they weren’t even able to serve the same food to everyone. Some people got waffles, others French toast sticks. Either way it was a really cool event that helped distract me even more from the books that awaited me. Once I got back to my room I thought that I should buckle down and get some studying done. Then I realized something, I didn’t have a final until Tuesday. So instead of finishing the night before Finals Week studying, I finished a season of a new show on Netflix. Merry Christmas ya’ll.

Share with your network