Pray Against It

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

This Wednesday was a special day for Concordia. We had a chapel service outside to pray for the process of starting on a new business building. Haven band members played while people were walking in as well as hymn in the middle. After the service, we also took a few pictures with a lift as well as a drone to outline the new building we are hoping to build in the next few years. President Ferry did the message for this service (I always love when he preaches! He’s fantastic!), and he reminded me of something a friend told me just this past year. During his message, we told us to pray against what we are hoping to do. He urges us to do this because we pray against our will and pray that God’s will be done. Sounds contradictory, but I have actually done this the past year after a friend told me that he does it as well. It truly focuses the prayer not on what I want as the imperfect human being, but it focuses it on the Lord God who came to save us, asking that his will be done in our lives because we know his will is perfect, wonderful, and the best for us. Through the metaphor of buildings, President Ferry prayed for all of us to keep Jesus as the foundation of our lives and the foundation of this university as well. He urged all of us to pray for this new building, that the Lord might bless us in our work so “our labor is not in vain.” What a great reminder of what’s most important to us here at CUW!

Share with your network