More Than Just Volleyball

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

This year was the first year I was able to play competitive volleyball. Since I was in middle school or so, I had been learning how to play volleyball with my family. Then in high school, I did a few volleyball events at the high school gym. Then in college, I did intramurals, but decided I wanted to try doing volleyball competitively for once. We had a really fun season! To be honest, we didn’t win as much as we would have liked to, but trying to balance everyone’s schedules and trying to get everyone at every game was very difficult. Even I had to skip one of the bigger tournaments just because of a huge homework load one weekend. So, because of that, we didn’t have everyone at every tournament. With where the season landed in the year, it was very difficult for our coaches to find gym time to practice with everyone. So we practiced about once a week for around an hour, so we didn’t get to hit all that often. With all that in mind, the final state tournament was not all too bad. We got 5th place out of six teams, so we didn’t come in last! We were competitive as well, not losing to the teams by a huge margin, but staying in every game to the very end. We had such a great time with all the guys, being very competitive yet having fun just playing the game that we love to play. It was a really great group of guys and I hope that the team that is forming for next year is just as fun as this one!

Share with your network