Holy Week: Part 2

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Good Friday is the saddest day of the year for me. It’s the time we celebrate the ultimate sacrifice, but remember that we are the ones that sent Jesus to the cross. But, at the end, we find hope, knowing the story is not over. Sunday is coming. My Easter this year started at 6am with our sunrise service. The first litany reminds us that Jesus is dead, but the first song (which I drum for), is set in a first person point-of-view from Peter. It drives through the Easter story until the song brings us to the final “He’s Alive! He’s Alive! He’s Alive and I’m forgiven! Heaven’s gates are open wide!” As we sing this, the lights are raised from pitch black to lights completely up. It’s a grand way to celebrate Easter Sunday. Then we have the 8:00 am and 10:30 am services as the celebration continues. We sing songs like Christ the Lord is Risen Today and My Redeemer Lives and even In Christ Alone. We sing, we dance, we clap, and we celebrate the amazing miracle of Jesus’ resurrection. This year, I think the thing that hit me the most was that we are truly the people that put Jesus on the cross. Because of all our sins, all humans are accountable for the death of Jesus Christ. And yet, when he raises from the dead, he doesn’t look at us and blame us for everything. He looks at us and tells us, “I did this for you. I love you. You are forgiven. You are saved because of me.” What an amazing gift! What an amazing way we can celebrate this miracle! Happy Easter!

Share with your network