Finally Interning

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

For many programs in college there is a big final hurdle of sorts to get over before graduating. Sometimes it is a senior seminar paper and presentation. Other times it is an internship. Sometimes it might be both! My hurdle this year has been an internship at a local church. As a Lay Ministry student I have enjoyed the classes I have taken. Being able to put those classes into practice has been really enjoyable for me. It is nice knowing that my money has been spent wisely, preparing me for my future. Now, being an intern is not always easy or fun. Sometimes being an intern means doing things that make you uncomfortable or not going home on certain weekends. The way I look at it, I am just being prepared for the real world. Sadly I will not be able to just go home whenever I want. I will have bills and loans to pay and a mouth to feed. For me learning and experiencing what it is like to work in a church has been great! However, the discipline that I have made of being on time and working hard and efficiently is something that I would have to say that I value more. While senior year would be great by sitting back and doing nothing, being able to work and gain experience has been too rewarding to want otherwise.

Share with your network