Dancing Thru the Decades

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

In the past, I imagined that college would be the end of the fun dancing events that I always thoroughly enjoyed in high school.  Thankfully, this did not wind up being the case.  Last weekend, I was able to join many Concordia students and head over to Discovery World in Milwaukee.  There, we were able to spend the night eating, looking at sea creatures, and literally dancing through decades of music.

When we first arrived, we were able to eat dinner in a buffet style.  The food was absolutely fabulous and included steak, salmon, potatoes, salad, and great drinks.  Following this, many delicious and rich desserts were brought out for our pleasure.  For the little amount that we had to pay in order to get the tickets, it was amazing to see how well put together and elegant the dinner and dance was.

Student government association, which is a student-led organization on campus, puts on the entire event, and spends a tremendous amount of time planning for the annual dance.  Each year, the dance takes place at a different, elaborate location.  Last year, I was able to enjoy the dance at the Milwaukee Public Museum.

After a million pictures were taken and we couldn’t eat any more, my friends and I got ready to dance the rest of the night away.  We had a wonderful night getting off of campus and enjoying both the Milwaukee city lights and beautiful Lake Michigan view.  I am always thankful for my college experiences, but Dancing Thru the Decades continues to be one of my biggest highlights.

Share with your network