College Student Perks

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

People constantly match being a college student with being broke.  I think it’s a little harsh to do this, because for the three jobs I’m balancing during school, I’d hardly say I’m completely broke.  On the other hand, when I write out my tuition deposit each semester, I remember why people say this.

College is ridiculously expensive, and even though I’d love to write a blog saying that I don’t find this to be true, I’d be lying to say that I thought otherwise.  Having a college education is certainly worth the cost, but it doesn’t mean that it’s an easy road for many.

Incoming college students don’t always understand some of the simple but touching perks that come with this “broke student” perception.  First, I have never received so many care packages in my life!  And to top it, none of them have been from my own parents.

A few of my aunts have stepped up to the plate to send me cookies, candies, bread, and other fun things in order to make my midterms and finals a little more bearable.  I have received tons of sweet cards and encouraging letters from people who know that college is not a walk in the park.  In addition, it’s so nice to receive birthday packages/sweet letters that are addressed to me and straight to my college, rather than my parent’s house.

I never imagined how much a wrapped up bag of homemade bread would mean to me.  Homemade food has a new meaning, and I find it especially delightful when it’s delivered straight to my school.

Share with your network