College Relationships

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Coming into college, I always wondered if I would meet someone special.  In my head, though, I assumed I would meet someone down the line.. junior or senior year perhaps.  I imagined myself doing my own thing and living out the single life until then.

With a fairly hesitant mindset about dating anyone freshman year, I was taken by surprise when I met a guy that I really seemed to hit it off with.  It wasn’t love at first sight or anything, but when we got to know each other, we suddenly realized just how similar our values really were.Going to a Lutheran college, some of my friends were skeptical of my Catholic background.  Ironically, my boyfriend of one year has a dad who is a pastor of a Lutheran church and a mom who is the worship music director for the same church.  For that reason, my Catholic beliefs were addressed very early in our relationship.

After we talked about a tremendous amount of our thoughts, values, and personal beliefs, we found that we weren’t so different after all.  In addition, we enjoyed many of the same things.  Ice skating, volleyball, skiing/snowboarding, singing, watching movies, and studying together became some of our favorite activities.  We found that it really didn’t matter what we were doing, because we had fun together regardless.

It was amazing to see our friendship grow into the point of being best friends.  It wasn’t until we were very close that we actually decided to start dating.  From there, we haven’t stopped growing in our faith and love in Christ and in each other.  I couldn’t be more grateful that my boyfriend, David, came into my life at Concordia.

Share with your network