Bible Studies

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

I never realized the significance of being a part of a bible study group.  Because I grew up as a Catholic for my entire life, I never had any idea what it was like to truly open up the Bible and read straight from it.  Instead, I was far more used to going to mass and just listening to the priest speak.  Coming to college at Concordia, the concept of reading from the Bible was foreign to me.  In fact, when I took my first religion course, which was called the Bible, I was taken off guard.  Stories that many of my classmates knew practically by heart were stories I was hearing for the very first time.

After a lot of hard work, reading, and asking questions, I was able to start to learn far more about God and my faith life.  Once I began to think I was starting to understand things a little bit better, I was excited when my close friends encouraged me to start attending a few bible studies on campus.

At first, I was super hesitant.  I’m really not the person to ask when it comes to stating favorite bible verses or knowing what order the books of the Bible go in.  Even with these hesitations, my friends continued to push me out of my comfort zone.  Once I actually started attending the groups, I found the most amazing change in my attitude.  After a few silent bible studies, I realized there were things I wanted to add to what the leaders were saying.  I also started contributing ideas readily.

With no time at all, I felt included and welcome to join in the studies.  And for me, this was just the beginning of a stronger faith to come.

Share with your network