April Weekend #2

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

It was a week after Jonathan and I took a trip down to Illinois, so my Aunt Barb and Uncle Don decided it would be fun to make a trip up to see my brother, sister, and I. We don’t usually get to see family two weekends in a row, but the luck of the Irish was on our side in the start of April. Sadly, they couldn’t make the trip until Saturday afternoon, but once they got to my sister, Karina’s, house, Jonathan and I made the trip down to Wauwatosa to see them. We then piled in the car and had a night of eating and talking. We had dinner at the Red Dot for about an hour and a half because we just kept talking! Then, we decided to give up our table and go to a bar where Karina plays in a shuffleboard league and has a few friends. So we spent a little more time there, talking, eating popcorn, playing shuffleboard, having a great time. Unfortunately, a sickness had taken over my throat the day before, so I was ready to hit the hay for the night so I could get a good night’s rest before another busy day. Jonathan and I went to worship in Cedarburg and had a few things to do before we went to go listen to Karina and her orchestra perform down in Milwaukee. We then went to find some place to eat, and we ended up at Mo’s Irish Pub in Milwaukee, thanks to recommendation from a good friend. After we ate and talked once again, it was sadly time for them to hit the road. Although it was short time they were able to spend, it was definitely time well spent!

Share with your network