April Weekend #1

Share with your network
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

The first weekend of April was a fun one! After a long time of planning, my brother Jonathan and I were finally able to take a trip down to see a couple of our aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was my little cousin Nora’s seventh birthday, so we made sure to take the trip to celebrate with her on her special day! A few weekends before, we were hoping to go down, but we were grounded at Concordia due to a massive storm pillaging through the Midwest. But this weekend, we were able to go! It’s about a three-and-a-half hour drive down to Bloomington, and the first night we just hung out and played with the kids. The next day was the big birthday celebration. The party was Junie B. Jones themed, so Nora’s mom set up a classroom at her school so Nora could be the teacher for a day. As we assembled in, we took our seats at first grade desks and listened to Nora as she brought us through subjects she does in school: science, math, geography, art, lunch, and others. After the long school day (only about two hours!), we all headed back home for a short break before we headed to my other aunt’s house for dinner. The classic dinner of potato pancakes was on the menu as we all sat down to a delicious meal! The next day was worship at 9:30, lunch, a walk to the park, playtime, then saying goodbye as Jonathan and I had another long trip ahead of us. I hope we are able to make it down again very soon!

Share with your network