Welcome to the web site for the Online Conference on 21st Century Lutheran Education. The theme for this year is “Engaged and Uncaged 21st Century Lutheran Education” and the event is set for May 15 and 16, 2014! With this website you all are able to:
- submit your proposals (yes, we want you to present your best ideas about “engaged and uncaged” Lutheran education),
- RSVP for the event,
- find previous recordings,
- and check the schedule (coming soon!) for upcoming events and how to continue the discussion about innovation in Lutheran Education.
The event is free and open to all! Please consider submitting a proposal and registering today! For this to be a success, we need your help. Here is how you can assist:
- Submit a proposal (this conference is built on the assumption that there is great power in learning from one another and “iron sharpening iron”, so please prayerfully consider submitting a proposal to lead a session. The sooner you submit your proposal, the better, but the deadline is March 31.
- Fill out the RSVP today. You can attend alone or set up a screen at your school and attend as a group. Or, I suppose you could do a combination of the two. Either way, please sign up so we can plan ahead.
- Help get the word out. Invite people in person, spread the news via email, Twitter (using #21cle2014), Google+, Facebook, your favorite social media outlet, or some other creative idea that we’ve yet to consider.
- Sign up to be a volunteer (helping host sessions and other related activities) on the “become a volunteer” page.
- Come up with an idea to enhance the event and just do it. In the spirit of our theme for the year, whatever you can do to promote and engaged and uncaged experience is welcome! Of course, letting us know about it might be helpful.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via the “contact us” page or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bernard Bull, Conference Coordinator and Assistant VP of Academics at Concordia University Wisconsin